Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Sing Beyond Your Hearth

This is the time of the year when crickets decide to come inside to get out of the cold.  I'm adamant that we leave them there... right by our hearth.  I want to hear them sing and bring our home luck.  We have had circumstances and people who have done their best to threaten my family and home, so I will take whatever peace of soul these crickets want to bring.

But what about taking that peace of soul and spreading it beyond our own hearths?  How do we make a difference out in the world?  The cricket brings in luck and love, so how do we take it back out?

How do you make a difference?  A Mighty Girl highlighted Katie Stagliano of South Carolina on their Facebook page about how she raises gardens for soup kitchens.  She gets what I like to call a Soulful Cricket Chirp!

Do you know somebody who deserves a Soulful Cricket Chirp for making our world more just, equitable, and good?  Tell me!!  I would love to post stories of folks doing good and right things!  You may message me through the comments below or through our Facebook page.

And maybe... just maybe... our chirps will drown out some of the ugly tweets that seem to be taking up more space than is necessary!!