Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Wherever You Stand

Welcome Back! Sort-of.  Maybe you never left, but I did.  For those of you who know me personally, you know that my life went through a major upheaval in late 2013-2014. During the summer/fall of 2013, I decided to apply to graduate school to get my MSW.  I'm currently in my 3rd of 4 years.  We also listed the house for sale (yup - it's on the market!  It's such a great place and we really hope somebody can give it a good home!  Wait... did that make sense??).  I also have experienced something that caused me to change personality a bit - and life-attitude.

So The Soulful Cricket has become more of an idea than a place.  Given the right circumstances, I can still host events at the house until it's sold.  Contact me if you're interested so we can see if it will work out or not.  I am keeping the name The Soulful Cricket, as I believe it will still be appropriate if I choose to go into direct practice or some other profession that applies to social work.  And, well, I like the name. :)

In the meantime, I'd like to use my blog to post items related to positive mental health.  In other words... I'd like to continue my Tea Talks.  Guest writers are welcome and encouraged.

Stand and be soulful.